Why join Sleep Cycle?
Sleep is one of the few things in life we can safely claim we all have in common. So fundamental to us all, that when we don’t get enough good quality sleep we struggle to function in all other aspects of life.
We were crowned one of the most innovative apps in 2016 by App Store and have been featured in CNN, BBC, Wired, The Guardian, New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.
As a result of a steady organic growth of product and team, Sleep Cycle has over 30 million downloads worldwide, with millions of active users and growing. Sleep Cycle is rated as the best sleep tracker on the market and we are now looking for people who can be a part of our next chapter, taking our product to the next level.
You will be joining a rapidly growing company who will provide a challenging and rewarding role with excellent career opportunities. We don’t have managers that manage managers, we have a flat hierarchy with clear lines of communication as we recognise that everyone has a key part to play in the success of the business. We are very passionate about our product as sleep is something which affects every person - our mission is to improve global health by empowering people to sleep better.
As a Engineering Manager at Sleep Cycle, you will have a key role in taking our product to the next level, and improve global health. You will be coaching, empowering and providing direction to our growing Core team, which works with AI and Machine Learning to develop and improve the very heart of Sleep Cycle; our sleep analysis.
As a Engineering Manager you will build and support your team and its engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development, including task planning. It will be in your interest to develop your teammates and their skills to the next level and to do what they do best. You will of course lead by example.
Responsibilities also include to:
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Contribute technically to projects
- Work closely with product management team to ensure we're building the best products
More about you
In order to thrive in the role, we think you have;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Familiarity with mobile app development
- Experience working with ML solutions that deliver product value
- Hands-on programming experience
Awesome if you have:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or closely related degree
- 10 years of relevant industry experience, with 5 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience (managing teams of 8 or more developers)
- Large scale mobile app development experience
We value a welcoming and warm attitude above all else, and we believe that each of us, as individuals, can only thrive in a nurturing and challenging environment. Taking a break and having a good laugh are cornerstones of life at Sleep Cycle, and we truly enjoy each other’s company.
If this sounds interesting to you, please submit your application in English as soon as possible.