iOS Developer to the Core team
Why join Sleep Cycle?
Do you want to help improve the health and lives of millions of people worldwide?
Sleep is one of the few things in life we can safely claim we all have in common. So fundamental to us all, that when we don’t get enough good quality sleep we struggle to function in all other aspects of life.
We were crowned one of the most innovative apps in 2016 by App Store and have been featured in CNN, BBC, Wired, The Guardian, New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.
As a result of a steady organic growth of product and team, Sleep Cycle has over 30 million downloads worldwide, with millions of active users and growing. Sleep Cycle is rated as the best sleep tracker on the market and we are now looking for people who can be a part of our next chapter, growing our product to the next level.
You will be joining a rapidly growing company who will provide a challenging and rewarding role with excellent career opportunities. We don’t have managers that manage managers, we have a flat hierarchy with clear lines of communication as we recognise that everyone has a key part to play in the success of the business.
We are very passionate about our product as sleep is something which affects every person - our mission is to improve global health by empowering people to sleep better.
Besides being part of influencing the wellbeing of others, you would get to work with solution oriented, forward thinking colleagues. We offer a good mix of diversity, an inclusive team dynamic and encouragement of bringing your ideas to the table.
Scope of role:
We are currently looking for an iOS Developer who wants to play a major role in a small, fast-growing company.
You will join our Core team, which works with AI and Machine Learning to develop and improve the very heart of Sleep Cycle; our sleep analysis.
We strive for quick feedback loops and keep the time between a merged pull request and a release short. You will be working closely with other talented engineers, being involved from the initial idea to measuring how our audience interacts with it.
Git flow, continuous deployment, on-site QA; Our development process is as smooth as a good night’s sleep. Constructive feedback and debate is encouraged in all our teams, helping us bring out the best in everyone and in our work.
In order to thrive in the role, we think you;
- Have senior experience from Swift and Objective C (the years in itself are of less importance, it’s your approach that matters)
- Like to work together with others in a cross-disciplinary environment
- Are flexible and can change priorities in a fast growing company
- Like algorithms and AI - make it simple
- Good understanding of multithreading issues and solutions
- Enjoy to take on the overall responsibility for not only the code but also the UI and occasionally some QA tasks
- Prefer to invest a bit more time into the task and deliver good quality rather than “quick and dirty” fixes
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field (required)
Awesome (but not required) if you have:
- Experience with Machine Learning - preferably Core ML- on Android, iOS or other embedded platforms (PyTorch, Tensorflow and others)
- Experience working with Open source projects to contribute the wider iOS community
We value a welcoming and warm attitude above all else, and we believe that each of us, as individuals, can only thrive in a nurturing and challenging environment. Taking a break and having a good laugh are cornerstones of life at Sleep Cycle, and we truly enjoy each other’s company.
If this sounds interesting to you, please submit your application in English as soon as possible.