Why join Sleep Cycle?
Sleep is one of the few things in life we can safely claim we all have in common. So fundamental to us all, that when we don’t get enough good quality sleep we struggle to function in all other aspects of life.
We were crowned one of the most innovative apps in 2016 by App Store and have been featured in CNN, BBC, Wired, The Guardian, New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.
As a result of a steady organic growth of product and team, Sleep Cycle has over 30 million downloads worldwide, with millions of active users and growing. Sleep Cycle is rated as the best sleep tracker on the market and we are now looking for people who can be a part of our next chapter, growing our product to the next level.
You will be joining a rapidly growing company who will provide a challenging and rewarding role with excellent career opportunities. We don’t have managers that manage managers, we have a flat hierarchy with clear lines of communication as we recognize that everyone has a key part to play in the success of the business. We are very passionate about our product as sleep is something which affects every person - our mission is to improve sleep worldwide and make sure all start clocking in more and better quality sleep.
Sleep Cycle has millions of active users that every day generate massive amounts of data. In the role of Data Scientist at Sleep Cycle you enable the product and business owners to make data-driven decisions with an end-to-end responsibility for the data pipeline. This gives you the opportunity to work with the full data flow. Starting with the data ingestion, defining metrics, analyzing and modeling the data, and finally, the presentation of the data. In your role, you will focus on how to best utilize data by experimentation and data analysis in our quest of improving the product and ultimately help people sleep better.
You´re good at:
- Applying mathematical skills to real world heterogeneous data
- Data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- Understanding the value of collaboration within teams
- Python, SQL, and Google Cloud Platform
Awesome if you have:
- 3 + years of professional experience in a data driven role working with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, BigTable and Cassandra
- Analytical mindset and have a data driven approach
- Experience managing online campaigns and engagement platforms
- M.Sc. in a relevant area with a solid foundation in mathematics